Top food blogs

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dirt 'n Diesel

     Love this cocktail; and who wouldn't love amari after trying this beauty? I came up with the Immigrant Mechanic Cocktail; a play on the Dirt 'n Diesel, changing only the rum used, to Pyrat XO. My boss at the time had perplexed me upon this nectar of the Gods by using one of my all time favorite bank breaking rums; Pyrat Cask 1623. The controversy on the fabled 1623 is a much heated debate. Is it a rum or a liqueur?
     Not looking for a heated debate right now as I know my standings, I'll leave it at delicious none the less. He presented the Dirt 'n Diesel as equal parts Pyrat Cask 1623, Green Chartreuse, and Cynar, all stirred with ice and served in a chilled rocks glass with a lemon twist. As this drink was rather interesting I didn't see it as the Dirt 'n Diesel recipe that the world had come to known. Finding the correct recipe I decided to play off my bosses ideas and use Pyrat XO for the rum but follow the rest of the recipe to the "T," and I give you the Immigrant Mechanic or as most know it the;
Dirt 'n Diesel
2 oz. Pyrat XO rum
0.5 oz. Fernet Branca
0.5 oz. brown sugar syrup (1:1)
0.5 oz. lime juice
0.25 oz. Cynar
- shake and strain into chilled glass

No comments:

Post a Comment