Top food blogs

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Aranciata Cocktail

   Following my post from February of last year I decided to revisit the Aranciata Cocktail. Martha Stewart knows best I guess. Following her recipe I chose to use Pyrat XO rum as the "golden rum." As this was my first cocktail using aranciata I was very intrigued as the results. A carbonated orange juice, how could this go wrong? Plus add a citrus(orange) forward rum, I think we have a winner. Who's up for a carbonated rum screwdriver for breakfast?--> This guy.
Aranciata Cocktail
1.5 oz. "golden rum" (Pyrat XO)
a dash of Angostura bitters
fill with ice (I omitted, I detest ice)
top with SanPellegrino Aranciata
lime wedge garnish (optional) 

I love this drink, the right amount of citrus, and carbonation, a proper amount of rum; would I be going to far to call it a Mimosa for rummies? Either way it's a must try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment