Top food blogs

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Stone Fence

     Patio weather is here, and what's more refreshing on a hot day than some hard cider? I do love a good carbonated apple beverage, but hard cider for me just isn't that hard. Outside of the "usual" ciders, Strongbow and Woodchuck there has been a resurgence over the last few years, and I must say that I am on board. Shock Top's Honey Crisp Apple Wheat and Angry Orchard are but just a few great ciders that have come to light with a near cult following, and I must say that they are delicious. But what's better than a cider beer to cool down?, how about a shot of rum with it? Yes, please.
     The Stone Fence or Stone Wall as it it sometimes referred is a great, simple cocktail for the warmer days of summer. Delicious, refreshing and simple. Why make it complicated after a hard day?


 Stone Fence
1.5 oz. rum (Pyrat XO Reserve)
1 bottle of cider
(I used Newton's Folly)
build in a glass
(ice and/or bitters optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment